I’m still trying to work out what I can and can’t eat so it’s been a long time since I’ve had mushrooms, and God I missed them. Whether I’m allowed them or not, this is still a great recipe that I wanted to share.
2 Portobello Mushrooms
Smoked Dairy Free Vegan Cheese
1 Red Onion, finely chopped
4 Vine Tomatoes
1. Place mushrooms on a tray with stalks removed, skin side down and cook in the oven at 200c until brown (approx 30mins).
2. Fifteen minutes before mushrooms are done, add your tomatoes to roast.
3. For the Guac, scoop avocado flesh out of the skin and add the red onion, lime juice and sprinkle of chilli until well combined.
4. Five minutes before mushrooms are cooked, boil a small pan of water with vinegar. Crack egg in a small dish and using a spoon, stir the water fast to make a swirl. Gently add in egg and cook for 4-5mins or until egg white is cooked and no longer runny.
5. Layer sliced cheese, halved tomatoes and guac onto one of the mushrooms before topping with the poached egg and the other mushroom.