I’m a bit of a garlic lover! The boyfriend doesn’t appreciate it but it tastes great and it is has a number of health benefits. It is also a great accompaniment to Cod which is the the focus of today’s meal.
Yes the butter isn’t the healthiest of things but this is a naturally low calorie dish, with no carbs and no gluten. I’ve teamed Cod with garlic butter and samphire to create a quick and healthy meal.
200g Cod fillet
25g butter, melted
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Handful of parsley, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
- Season fish with salt and pepper and add to a lightly oiled hot pan.
- Cook on one side for 4 mins before turning over and cooking on other side for 2 mins.
- Meanwhile, combine your butter, parsley and garlic. Season with salt.
- Once you have cooked fish as above, add half of the butter to the top of the fish and put into the oven and cook for a further couple of mins until cooked through and opaque in centre.
- Add the rest of the butter to a wok and stir fry samphire for about 3-4 mins.