So apparently in the US, today, June 1st, is National Hazelnut Cake Day. I may not be from the US, but I’m bringing National Hazelnut Cake Day to the UK!!
I love hazelnuts, especially hazelnut chocolate spread so I have made these little gluten free cupcakes with a gooey centre. This recipe is actually completely flour free and contains very little amounts of refined sugar but are full of chocolatey goodness.
100g 85% Dark Chocolate
50g Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder
150g Light Brown Unrefined Sugar
1 tbsp Vanilla Essence
Tub of Jim Jams 85% less sugar Hazelnut Chocolate Spread
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Stir in cocoa powder, vanilla and sugar until all has dissolved and is mixed well.
- Take off heat and leave to cool for about 10mins.
- Whisk in eggs one at a time.
- Spoon a couple of tablespoons of the mixture into muffin cakes or until you have filled them half of the way.
- Add a generous teaspoon of chocolate spread to the middle of your mixture.
- Top with more mix until you reach the top of the case. Remember that there are no raising agents in this recipe so you won’t have to allow room for the cake rising.
- Bake in the oven for 10mins at 180c or until knife comes out clean from the top of the cake.
- Place on a wire rack to cool and sprinkle with a little bit of icing sugar.
Makes approx. 10.