Whilst in Manchester, I had the most amazing Flourless cake at Teacup Kitchen. Rich and decadent, it was great for us chocoholics without the worry of gluten. It’s definitely a time where I need that chocolate fix so tonight, I have made my own Flourless Chocolate Torte. Naturally gluten free but also low in refined sugar through the use of unrefined sugar and 85% cocoa chocolate, this is one pudding that I’m not going to feel guilty about despite the calories. It’s the weekend after all!
350g Dark Chocolate (85% or higher)
100g unrefined cane sugar
6 medium eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, eggs and salt and beat with a mixer until pale and thick. This may take time-bit like meringues-but have patience, it will happen. Have your speed on medium. You should be left with a cake batter.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and chocolate using a bain marie (heatproof bowl over pan of simmering water). Keep stirring to ensure you don’t burn the mixture and take off the heat once all melted. Leave to cool slightly.
- Fold chocolate mix into batter and fold in until just combined. Then beat slightly to ensure you have a thick chocolatey mix.
- Pour into a 9ince Springform pan that’s been lightly greased.
- Bake in the oven until only a small amount of crumbs show on a knife or cocktail stick.
- Leave in pan until cooked.
- Remove from pan and sprinkle over cocoa powder.