As some of you may already know from previous recipes, I am a big lover of duck breast. I also love Asian food as I find it fresh, versatile and easy to play about with when creating recipes. Playing with fruit and main meals though is something I’m less experienced in but Masterchef inspired me! Anyway this was beautiful. In the past I’ve made a passion fruit and coconut cake so I decided to bring both those flavours together in this dish with a side of coconut rice. Go on, g ive it a go!
1x Duck Breast
1x Pak Choi
Handful of Chestnut Mushrooms
Handful of Yellow Oyster Mushrooms
3x Passion Fruits
125g Basmati Rice
Can of Coconut Milk
- For the coconut rice: Add one chopped onion to a hot pan and soften. Stir in rice and let cook on medium heat for one minute. Add the coconut milk and let simmer until soft. Drain and set to the side ready to be served.
- Meanwhile, slice the fat on the duck in diagonals. Add to a hot pan, fat side down and let cook until crispy on top (approx. 5 mins) and then turn.
- Let the duck cook on meat side for approx. 4 mins.
- Take duck off the heat and let rest for 3 mins before slicing diagonally.
- Whilst duck is resting, add vegetables to the same pan you cooked duck in and cook on medium heat. Take out vegetables as soon as pak choi has wilted and mushrooms have begun to soften and set to side.
- For the passion fruit sauce, scoop out all of the inside, including seeds. Blend with honey for a couple of minutes.
- Dish up all components.