Recently I was nominated for an award for bloggers, the Blogger Recognition Award. Although I’ve been a bit busy and therefore delayed at posting this, I would like to thanks Teti for nominating me. It’s always good to hear as a new blogger that you are doing a great job and she has inspired me to make sure I make more time to keep my blog updated. Teti has a wonderful blog, full of delicious recipes, showing that just because you have a busy lifestyle, doesn’t mean that you can’t cook scrumptious meals. Check out her page: Teti’s Flakes. Thanks again for the nom!
Now its my turn to nominate some of you guys. The rules are simple:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated and provide the link to the post you created
STORY OF HOW MY BLOG STARTED
I started writing this blog just two months ago after getting some interest in my recipes on social media such as Insta and Facebook. In December, after a few months of ill-health, I found out that I had a few intolerances including gluten, potatoes and yeast. I fell in love with cooking when I started to take the gym seriously nearly two years ago, and finding out I had these intolerance, just gave me a new focus and direction for my recipes. I wanted to prove to myself and to others that I could still eat a varied, delicious and exciting diet despite the variables. Oh and I can make everyone else eat my food too without them noticing the difference!
I’m still very new to blogging but I have had fantastic feedback, been linked with food communities and am looking forward to seeing where it takes me. But if I only write this blog to help others with intolerances, I will be happy!
My advice to new bloggers
As said, I’m still very new to blogging but I think the main things for me to say at this point are:
- Just do it. Be confident in what you are writing about, not everyone in your life will look at your blog but out there, there are lots of people that will. What’s the worse that could happen.
- Be yourself. Those blogs that do well have their own writing style and portray their personality in their writing. Don’t aim to be like someone else. Just be you.
All my nominations are smaller in the blogging world and deserve recognition for their style, what they stand for and of course, their delicious recipes. Us smaller blogs need to support each other and these guys are very deserving of some recognition.
- Gratify Cooking
- Sunlit Soul Tribe
- Everyday Plantbased
- Mickey and the Kitchen
- Kat’s Healthy Corner
- India’s Unsurpassed Cuisine
- Corrie’s Rabbit Food
- Cravings Journal
- Roxy Mind Body Spirit ZA
- Jenny is Baking
- Pescetarian Pleasures
- Bouquet and Baguettes
- Jacked Apple Fitness Blog
- The Naturally Sweet Wife
- Ihana Wellness
Keep up the good work guys!
Lots of love,